445 Dependent Child Visa

Home   |   Migrants   |   Partner/Parent   |  445 Dependent Child Visa

Project Introduction

This visa allows a child to stay in Australia temporarily while the Immigration Department process their parent’s permanent Partner visa application.

Application Requirements

The child must be dependent on a parent who holds a:
Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)
Partner visa (subclass 820)
Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)
The child must apply to be added to their parent’s permanent Partner visa application when they have been granted this 445 visa.
The child must be sponsored by the same person who sponsored or nominated their parent's permanent Partner visa application.
The child and any dependants who apply for the visa with them must meet the health requirement.
If the child is aged 16 years or over they must meet the character requirement.
If the child or any member of their family owes the Australian Government money it must be paid back or there must be a formal arrangement to pay it back.
Children aged 18 or older must:

Have read, or had explained to them, the Life in Australia booklet

Sign the Australian Values Statement confirming they will obey Australian laws and respect the Australian way of life

Only grant this visa to a child younger than 18 years if either:

The child has the written consent of everyone who can legally decide where they live,


The laws of the child’s home country allow them to leave their home country, or

It is consistent with any Australian child order about the child

Might not grant this visa if it is not in the best interests of an applicant under 18.